Chief Information (Systems) Officer (f/m/x)
ELEMENT is Germany's first white label product factory with an insurance license for the property and casualty sector. We enable our partners to offer innovative insurance products to their customers with record speed and a fully digital experience - our partners range from online retailers, insurtechs, brokers to traditional insurers. Together with our highly motivated team of technology enthusiasts, insurance experts and thought leaders, we are leading a digital evolution in the world of insurance. We are driven by a common idea: "Insurance must be better, completely digital and without bureaucracy”.
Element is looking for a Chief Information (Systems) Officer (f/m/x) who takes ownership of driving our technical strategy, allowing our systems and teams to grow successfully.
What will keep you challenged?
- As a leader for our product technology and architecture, you will drive the vision of ELEMENT and be a pioneer in growing our company long-term.
- Optimize and leverage all deliverables within our cross-functional team in accordance with strategic roadmaps and organizational goals.
- Responsible for leading a combined team of up to 35 people with diverse backgrounds and employ their various knowledge.
- Participate in management meetings and investor related activities.
- Ensure an ongoing increase in the collaboration and interaction between our technology teams and the rest of the organization.
- Apply your knowledge and experience in systems reliability to constantly challenge the limits and drive technological innovation across the organization.
What will make you succeed?
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Systems/Integration Consultant for Insurance systems or similar (Accenture/IBM/PwC/etc).
- Deep comprehension of IT-Systems/Architecture and can challenge/drive a team of developers forward on merit, knowledge and experience.
- Able to “speak” Dev/Tech (ideally, you can write code yourself).
- Must understand insurance, which comes with Insurance Systems Consultant Profile.
- Proven leadership skills in an agile environment to be able to work with multiple stakeholders while manage a large team.
- Craves Entrepreneurship and wants to be in the driver’s seat.
- Lives ELEMENT’s corporate values.
- Understands Numbers/Analytics.
- Strong communication skills in both German and English.
- You have what it takes to become a potential Board Member (determined by BaFin).
- The opportunity to be part of a founding team who’s creating a measurable impact on the future evolution of insurance technology
- A direct influence on our products and choice of technologies – we want to hear your ideas!
Incredibly talented, dynamic and passionate team members
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and development
- A steep learning curve – our team is a mix of insurance experts and experienced entrepreneurs
- A furry team member (aka our office dog)
- Plenty of perks including a full benefits package, choice of computer, free drinks and snacks, venture outings and company-wide events
- Discounts for transportation tickets, gym memberships, local restaurants and more
We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office