Team Lead Software Engineer (m/f/div)
Ihre Aufgaben/ Job description
ELEMENT Insurance AG is a product factory for insurance and a leader in insurance digitalisation. We supply our partners from various industries – both from an insurer, as well as a non-insurer background – with in-house underwritten insurance products, which they market under their own brand. Our modular insurance platform enables us to tailor-fit and supply these non-life insurance products in record speed.
Our diverse team with over 25 nationalities combines the expertise of the worlds of insurance and technology. At ELEMENT, we live an agile and empowering company culture to work on ‘the insurance of tomorrow’.
To support our continued growth and momentum, we’re looking for a Team Lead (m/f/div) to join our cross-functional software development team. Our ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter, motivated by the opportunity to pioneer innovation within a long standing monotonous industry.
What will keep you challenged?
- Leading one of our cross-functional teams of T-shaped Software Developers and working together with Product Managers, Designers and Industry Specialists
- Creating a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust
- Working closely with other colleagues to recruit, manage and retain talent
- Designing and developing backend (Java/Spring) and frontend (React/Node) services using CD on AWS infrastructure
- Applying DevOps/NoOps principles in an immutable infrastructure/infrastructure-as-a-code environment
- Collaborating with our international team of highly skilled technical experts
Ihr Profil/ Requirements
What will make you succeed?
- Experience in growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members
- Being passionate about working with people and improving their working environment
- Successful participation in the development of several business domain-heavy products
- Being familiar with distributed systems, domain driven design, event sourcing, and other architecture concepts
- Strong proficiency in Java programming with Spring Boot
- Strong comprehension of DevOps principles
- Proficiency in running software on AWS infrastructure
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies: Scrum, Continuous Delivery, etc.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A pragmatic and efficient personality: delivering high quality work whilst keeping business value in mind
- Flexibility towards change, responding quickly and effectively to constructive feedback
- The ability to inspire others through actions
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- You are an advocate of testing and could name yourself as a testing software engineer
- An excitement for learning a lot of new stuff
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Node.js and React.js
- Finance or insurance industry experience
- The opportunity to be part of a driven and diverse team which is creating a measurable impact on the future of insurance
- An open and welcoming company culture, empowering you to freely grow and develop
- We openly share our knowledge – we are a mix of insurance experts, technology specialists and experienced entrepreneurs
- We have a dedicated onboarding process, enabling you to quickly thrive at ELEMENT
- A direct influence on our company and our products – we value your ideas and your input
- Plenty of perks including a benefits package, choice of computer, drinks and snacks, language classes, company-wide networking events and outings